Sunday, October 24, 2010

Just back from a Stella and Dot party!

What to do when you are a jewelry designer and a friend is having a jewelry home party?

Go!

There's nothing better than good girlfriends, good food and jewelry inspiration
on a Sunday afternoon!

Stella and Dot makes some fabulous leather bracelets and cloth/bejeweled
bib necklaces that are trendy and beautiful that I would never make.

I was very tempted by one ring that I still might buy - shhhh!!

I don't think we as designers should see other kinds of jewelry as direct competition.
Anything that makes women feel beautiful should be honored.
There is enough glory out there for us all! If I see quality bling out there, I will promote it.
It doesn't take away from what I do, it enhances it. Thanks for inviting me, Amy!

Here are some pieces I have been working on since my last blog entry:

This is a Mommy Bling Necklace. They sell for $65.00.
I make the pendants by hand from silver clay.
The birthstones are semi-precious stones or Swarovski crystals, whichever the
mom prefers.
This particular one is a peridot for August and it is a baby gift for a very special "almost niece"!


The 16" or 18" box chain comes from Artbeads.
They ship to Canada for $1.99! You can't beat that.

They sell for $130, although they can be more expensive depending on the stones or the shape of pendants chosen.

Both sides are stamped, so if the pendants turn, both sides are interesting.
This is another one that I made earlier. (I forgot to take a photo of the back of the one above).


The Double Pendant Mommy Bling Necklace comes on a 22" sterling open link chain that looks antique. I love this style of chain! It is my chain-of-choice. It comes from Nina Designs.
They have amazing jewelry findings from all over the world. They are my go-to supplier for findings that have gorgeous detail to them.
Shipping from them can be expensive to Canada, but oh-so-worth-it!

This is a Mommy Bling Bracelet I made as a special order.
The first strand is $60 and each additional strand is $50.
The first strand comes with the beautiful sterling heart clasp.
Up to three more strands can be added onto a single strand bracelet.


The rounded sterling letters also come from Artbeads. They are a great resource!
The bracelet may be ordered either with semi-precious stones or Swarovski crystals to represent birthstones. The above bracelet was made with clear crystals as requested.

This one is made with peridots for August:


Next up, earrings!
These earrings are so delicate looking. I just love them.
They almost didn't make it to the website... except that I really needed some blue earrings added in there!


They are rough aquamarine rondelles with rice pear drops. All metal is sterling.


Also made in the last two weeks - a long purple glass & sterling necklace
made for my gorgeous cousin, Thora.

She should receive it in the mail any day.


I love this necklace. The oval links are all hand forged, along with the "s-curve" links.
Putting this together was a lot of fun.
It's another piece that almost didn't make it to the owner... : )


And because I took so long to get around to making it for her,
(Procrastination Girl strikes again)...

I added in these bonus earrings.

(Shhhhhh...)


I think I'm in love with this new clay pendant from Magpie Gemstones.

You'll likely see one of those in one of my upcoming designs.


As I'm creating, I often take breaks to read my email and the occasional blog.

I found this decorating idea in a blog - remodelista.com.


I thought that if I painted some frames and put cork inside them, they would make a beautiful jewelry display on a wall in my someday-store-with-real-walls...

I already have these great displays in my studio:




I think a series of white or off-white frames added to these would make a great store wall!

Oh - and great news! Speaking of stores, the website is almost ready with it's new design and amped-up security. I'm soooo excited!! Thanks to my web designer, Seth Etter. He is amazingly talented and very easy to work with.

That's it for this week...
May the Bling be with you.
Dawn

Sunshine INdustries
http://www.sunshineindustries.ca

Sign up for my newsletter here
- http://eepurl.com/cBX2




No comments:

Blog Archive